Aaptiv maybe a name you have not seen around yet, however that is all about to change. If you are looking for a personal trainer but cannot afford the prices? then this is THE app to have in your arsenal for requiring that summer body or loosing those extra lbs, let me explain why…
In a nutshell, Aaptiv is a app that offers audio fitness classes through your phone. These classes are led by real and certified personal trainers that teach and encourage you through each tailor-made workout! There are too many different workouts to count and new classes are added every week. The workouts are all supported with music that is not only new and relevant but, will also help you stay with the pace of the workouts. Plus, the personal trainers are highly experienced and know just what to say to keep you going.
Now I am not a fitness junkie, but I am switching things up and going through a lifestyle change so this came around at the perfect time. When I first tried out Aaptiv, I was concerned that the classes would not be achievable but the thing that surprised me the most was the wide variety of classes and workouts available tailored for all types of abilities.
Aaptiv “workout” categories:
- Outdoor running
- Indoor Cycling
- Stair climber
- Strength Training
- Workouts for Wight Loss
- Ab Workouts
- 5k Training
- 10k Training
- Half Marathon Training
- Full Marathon Training
- Partner Challenges
- Now Trending
- 7 Minute Quick Hits
Could you get bored with a list like that? On top of all that, Aaptiv also creates different challenges created by the app’s personal trainers such as “Touch your toes in 20 days” something I have not been able to do in years! or “Quick Workouts for Busy Parents” These challenges are designed with an aim in mind so Aaptiv has collated a bunch of audio classes designed to help you achieve that focus and the only effort you need is completing the session!
What’s to love
What I love about this app is that it honestly does feel like a personal trainer in my pocket. I hit the gym, pop on my headphones tap my screen a BOOM up pops my favourite personal trainer who kicks my butt (in a good way) for however long my workout session is. There is no waiting around to get started, it is just me and my headphones sweating the time away! I could not rate this app any higher other than saying in 3 weeks I have lost 6lbs….it clearly works as much as you want it too!
Other reasons I am now claiming to be part of #teamaaptiv are;
- I love how this app has workouts for all fitness levels. If you are just starting out, it can be scary to challenge yourself and try something new. Aaptiv makes it easy to train and build up your fitness level.
- I never get bored because the options of classes are endless and more are added monthly!
- With the app being on your phone so it goes everywhere and anywhere you go!
- Aaptiv has killed my excuse of ‘not having time to workout’ there are too many options to choose from time wise to get away with it!
- There are other ways to connect with Aaptiv and #teamaaptiv on social media, this is not only fun but keeps your moral up.
- You can download your favourite workouts, so you can access them at any time.
What could put you off
- Cost– Yes, this is a PAID app. It is understandable why you have to pay! You cannot expect to get such a huge variety of workouts by certified trainers for free nor could you find it anywhere else! So yes, you do have to pay but if you use this app, the return on your results will be very much worth it! Plus, this will cost you much less than a personal trainer.
- Getting Started – Trust me I was the same! Honestly, once you get your headphones on and press play, you will not have time to think about your feeling because you will train hard and reap the benefits!
Aaptiv works through your smart phone. All you will need is a smart phone and a pair of headphones (I recommend wireless). If you are not sure if Aaptiv will be something that you like, you can start out with a free trial.
To start, get a free 30 day trial. If it’s something you enjoy and can see yourself using, you can continue your membership. After the free trial (if you decide to keep the app) you will be billed annually for 12 months of unlimited workouts. You can cancel your membership at any time!
The other option is to jump in with a month-to-month payment option. You will get access to unlimited workouts and pay a monthly fee of £14.99.
I think the price of Aaptiv is a WORTH IT when you think about how costly personal trainer sessions are on top of your gym membership.
If you’re not sure about this whole thing you can download the app for free. browse through all their workouts, trainers, etc. If you like what you see, there will be a “Free Trial” button in the menu. Here you can select from the buying options:
- £99.99/year with 30 Day Free Trial(Save 44%!!)
Keep in mind that you can cancel at any time!
I am addicted to the app and can not wait to see the continued progress that I make. Don’t forget to subscribe and follow along with the journey.